Last injection

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Carebear32, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Carebear32

Carebear32 Registered Users

Hi
    Izzy had her last injections today. So when can we venture out?
    Also a question about their personalities ? Izzy seems quite Achilles out puppy doesn't chew alot of things she doesn't will stop when told or redirected to her chew toys. She has her giddy moments and can nip and bite but overall she is a good pup. Will she continue on like this or will she get more giddy and stuff as she gets older ??

Thanks x

2. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Last injection

Most vets say 1-2 weeks after the final injection before the puppy can walk in public places or meet other dogs. Call your vet and check.

You can still do things with a puppy, but just keep away from other dogs and carry it around. The more things puppies can experience in the first few weeks the better - it helps prepare them for real life. We carried Holly to the railway station, did car journeys, sat outside the supermarket & in shopping centres, and packed as much new experience into those few weeks as possible. We even took her into the garden listen to fireworks on New years day!

3. Carebear32

Thanks phil.

I rang them and they said 5 days.

4. Aburns

Aburns Registered Users

So glad to hear that Izzy is being a good little pup for you! I sent you a message, not sure if you got it.

5. Carebear32

Hi.
    No sorry I didn't get a msg from you. Try sending it again.

6. Aburns

Aburns Registered Users

Sorry Clare, I thought I sent one but I checked my sent messages and it says I'm not allowed to send messages. Ugh, so sorry about that. Was just PMing you to see how things were going with Izzy and the kids. Maybe I need a certain amount of posts to send messages....sorry to hijack your thread

7. Carebear32

I sent you a pm. Did you get it ?

We are doing good. It's very busy as my youngest is 10 months. The toilet training is the hardest part once we get past this stage. It will be very enjoyable. Are you getting/have a puppy ??

8. Aburns

Aburns Registered Users

Yes I got your message but couldn't reply. Yes I am bringing Annabelle home next Friday, fingers crossed it all works out! Trying to get all prepared for her arrival and the added lack of sleep LoL. I imagine with a 10 month old babe it would be challenging but it sounds like you're all getting the hang of it!

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Good to hear that Izzy will be walking on her own four paws out in the big world soon :)