Let me introduce...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by themartinlabs, Mar 19, 2013.

1. themartinlabs

themartinlabs Registered Users

This is my first time to be a member of a group like this, so I thought I'd introduce our little family. My husband and I have two amazing black labs: Zoey (3 months) and Jasmine (turning 6 tomorrow!) Despite the shenanigans they get into and the amount of socks and underwear that have gone missing, I have to say I am very proud to be a black lab momma. Jasmine and Zoey are both rescues. My dad found Jasmine when I was in high school. She was in a trash can looking for food. It seems that someone had left her there over the 4th of July weekend, and she was eagerly claimed by me. She was my best friend for years until we met my husband. Then she became our spoiled little baby. Then a month ago, I was looking through facebook and saw that someone was trying to find a home for a member of a litter of black lab puppies that had been abandoned at her workplace. We snatched up the opportunity and that night we had a new baby in the house. She was about two months old when we got her, and so tiny and fluffy. We named her Zoey. She has gotten so much bigger just in the last month, and we have started her training. She is being crate trained (which she's not fond of) and has learned a few commands. She's really good with come, sit, no, and just recognizing her name. She's also really good about going potty outside. We started teaching her "lay down" last night, and she seems to be catching on. Jasmine hated Zoey at first and resented us for breaking up our happy trio, but she has gotten much better about it. They can play for hours and Jasmine is very protective of her little sister. Once a dachshund tried to mount Zoey and Jasmine wouldn't have that! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi!

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: Let me introduce...

Hi there, and welcome to the Labrador Site. Congratulations on your new puppy Zoey. Lots of fun ahead! :D :D

Pippa

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi from me and Lilly. Sounds like you have your hands full. Another pup on the forum .- have you any pics?

Jacqui

4. David

David Registered Users

Hello from me too. What a houseful but they sound great fun. Black 3 year old Lab here!

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi from me too! Are you in the USA?

6. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Hello, I am a first time dog owner of a yellow 8 week old Labrador. I also have a husband and two boys....

7. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi! :) I just love black Labs. Would love to see pics of your girls.

8. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Hi and welcome, would love to see a picture of your girls. I too have a black lab - Digby 6 months.

9. themartinlabs

themartinlabs Registered Users

I would upload photos but I can't figure out how. And yes, I'm from the US. Texas, actually :) We don't have any human children yet, just our two girls. And yeah, it's a houseful!!