Licking other dogs private

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Veerraj, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Veerraj

Veerraj Registered Users

My puppy is wonderful around dogs very submissive and never showed any agression but Thier seems to be one problem. He will keep trying to lick dogs private parts and some of the dogs don't mind and they start playing with him but some dogs not so much they start growling at him and he will just do it again, then it gets embarrassing he doesn't stop and you can tell by his face he's very confused and his tail wagging around fast :p any tips to stop this behavior. PS he is not fixed yet :)

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hi there and welcome here!
    How old is your pup? What’s his name?
    I wouldn’t worry about this too much. This is a dog behaviour that is odd (and embarrassing) to us but to dogs it is no big deal. As you have seen other dogs will tell him off if they don’t want him to do it, others will ignore it.
    You could try distracting with a toy or a treat if it is really excessive but generally I would just ignore it and let the other dogs teach him what they will tolerate. :)

Beanwood and Aitch like this.
  3. Veerraj

Veerraj Registered Users

Ok tyvm for the response

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

The correct etiquette is sniffing bottoms, not licking them - but some pups take a while to learn this. Keir does it, the other dogs just look at him a little confused.

:)

selina27 likes this.