Light for Collar

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by 46heritageway, Dec 7, 2014.

1. 46heritageway

46heritageway Registered Users

Hi Everyone,

Now we have reached the dark nights, we are trying to find a light to slide on to Ozzie's existing collar, not one to hang down, he gets distracted enough as it is without something dangling off his collar haha!!

I was just wondering if any one could suggest any?

2. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Re: Light for Collar

Not sure I've ever seen one that slides on to the collar but I've got a light up collar for Penny, it's a USB rechargeable one too with two different speed flashy settings or just steady on. It's brilliant. Like one of those posh leuchtie ones but waaaaay cheaper lol

3. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

4. 46heritageway

[quote author=Penny+Me link=topic=9023.msg128896#msg128896 date=1417987164]
    Not sure I've ever seen one that slides on to the collar but I've got a light up collar for Penny, it's a USB rechargeable one too with two different speed flashy settings or just steady on. It's brilliant. Like one of those posh leuchtie ones but waaaaay cheaper lol
    [/quote]

Hi Penny Where did you get yours from?

I found these but then read mixed reviews about them breaking and falling off and for £15+ I'd rather it not break after the 1st outing :(

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/led-safety-collar-light/7x0g

http://www.muddypaws.co.uk/dog-collars-tags/collar-lights-glow-collars/adventure-light

Thanks Loopy Lou, I'd seen these but wasn't sure if it was any good, mainly the price, but I'll look into them too.

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I brought mine from pets at home for about £7-£8. It is waterproof, you can change batteries easily and is a reflective collar when not lit. I have used mine for about 5x1 hour walks so far and it has been brilliant. As it goes 3/4 of the way around the neck so even if the collar moves at all, you can still see the light :)

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=46heritageway link=topic=9023.msg128909#msg128909 date=1417989264]

I found these but then read mixed reviews about them breaking and falling off and for £15+ I'd rather it not break after the 1st outing :(

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/led-safety-collar-light/7x0g

[/quote]

I have an Orvis one - it's great. BUT...it fits the Orvis collars exactly. The reviews mention it falling off harnesses and collars (but which collar?). I'd say if you use Orvis collars, or collars of the same width and thickness, it's a good buy.

7. 46heritageway

We have hunter collar, so perhaps the Orvis isn't great for us, I think I will by one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351238625...49&var=620409761482&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and see how we get on.

As tonight was a nightmare, a dark chocolate lab running around in a field as it was getting dark was not a great idea, he just disappeared into the darkness. Normally I always managed to get him back on lead and heading home down the road by the time it gets really dark, but was late walking today and I swear he knew it too, I couldn't see him, and he could just hide from me and laugh :)

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

These look fab, if a bit pricey.
    I had one of the dangly bone ones when Lilly was a pup. We put it on when she went out back in the dark for her night pee/poop so we could see where she was.
    One day she was up at our tree for ages and I decided to go out and investigate only to discover her sitting at the back door waiting to get in, and said dangly bone flashing light rather chewed but still working on its own ::)
    I guess we were lucky she didn't do a Charlie and eat the battery :-\

So....I am in favour of something that can't be chewed.
    We have a light up collar too. One of the Firefly style - its been pretty good, lasted over a year. We use it as a second collar on top of her tagged one for ease, but it could be used on its own.

9. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

We've just ordered some similar to these, flashing ones in red and blue as we have similar problems with Jack and Barney being black we can't see them down the garden at night. And getting different co,ours we know which one is out of sight just in case they try to get through the hedges again :p

10. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users