Liver and heart cakes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Puppypal, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

On tuesday i made a batch of liver cake and a batch of heart cake, barley was sutibly impressed and capmed in the kitchen until all treats were in the freezer and all items used were washed up ::) he did offer to wash the bowls up, but the offer was declined.

The liver cake is more squishy than the heart cake (same recipie just one has liver instead of heart), but he loves both. He loved them both so much that at agility later in the evening, he ran, and looked so happy, like he wanted to be there, he looked sad when he were waiting for our turn but when it came to hios turn he was like a different dog, the trainer wanted to know if we had switched dogs, as i actually had to tell barley to slow down :eek: ???, this is the dog who is always told to speed up, not slow down

2. LillyLab

LillyLab Registered Users

Re: Liver and heart cakes

Might try that with Lilly. She is never focused at class and it is hard to find something she is constantly interested in...
    Hopefully this is something she will like!

Sophie x

3. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

This is the recipe i used:

Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
    Liver Treats
    1/2 lb. beef liver or beef heart
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup grated cheese
    1 egg
    Puree liver/heart in food processor. Add the egg, whole wheat flour and cheese. Grease cookie sheet and pour mixture onto cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through baking. Cut into desired sized squares.
    I usually place 1/2 of this recipe in a tupperware and keep in the fridge. The other half I freeze.......these freeze well.

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Yeah Sophie......I will leave you to make that one :p