Liver paste

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Jen, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Heidrun suggested on a post using a tube of liverwurst (so not spelt right) or primula cheese for training.

I've just had an e mail from k9 capers which had Arden Grange Tasty Liver Paste dog treat. It's on offer at £ 1.99 it should be £2.99.

Just thought I'd let you know incase anybody interested.

Jen :D

2. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Liver paste

Hi Jen, I have tried the Arden Grange liver pâté (well, the dogs have ::)) and I didn't find it as good as the real German Leberwurst in a tube which is much smoother and easier to squeeze out tiny amounts. It is available at Lidl. :)

3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Do you just feed it from your finger for training or spread it on toast or something else Heidrun? Interesting :)

4. Jen

Jen Registered Users

Thanks Heidrun I expect the human stuff is more tasty aswell. So that's how you spell leberwurst no way I was going to get that right. ;D

Helen a lady down the road uses primula cheese in a tube. She just carries the tube in her pocket when she wants to reward the dog she squeezes a tiny bit out the end and let's the dog lick it off.

My problem would be being ambushed by two labradors as I was squeezing. ;)

5. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

[quote author=Jen link=topic=3942.msg45575#msg45575 date=1389272700]
    Helen a lady down the road uses primula cheese in a tube. She just carries the tube in her pocket when she wants to reward the dog she squeezes a tiny bit out the end and let's the dog lick it off.

[/quote]

I like the idea of just having a nice, neat tube of cheese spread in my pocket... All my coats tend to dispense kibble from the pockets unless handled carefully. Stops my daughters from borrowing them, mind. ;)

I can see my problem being teeth perforations in the tube! ;D
    Clare

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I tried the cheese - I found it a bit of a fiddle with tube, tube top, lead and clicker. Plus Charlie didn't delicately lick the end of the tube, he tried to take the whole tube (he thought it was for him, since I was holding it out ::) ) so now it has teeth marks in it. I'll definitely use it again though, for clicker training etc, just not when we're trying to walk and treat at the same time.