Long days - tired puppy?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by nicky, May 5, 2016.

1. nicky

nicky Registered Users

Hi again.

Luna is now a 6 month old puppy and starting to chill. But I do wonder if sometimes she's starting to chill too much. Where she use to cause all sorts of havoc in the morning, she will now have a tendency to sleep quite a lot. I wonder if that's because of the longer days? She's running around a bit more at night now and as the sun sets around 8:30pm, she is also up later.

I just wonder how much daylight savings and the longer, summer days affect dogs and their behaviour.

Nicky

2. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Hi Nicky,

My puppy is just a couple weeks younger than Luna and we have noticed the same thing...she used to be very active in the morning and early evenings...biting, running around the house, following me around everywhere etc and now goes to her bed on her own at those times to chew/nap. I think it's a few things - she is outside more, playing and running and training during the day, since the weather is nice and also possible growth spurts around this age which can cause them to sleep more. I'm enjoying this calmer stage and bracing for the teenager stage....

nicky likes this.
  3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

All very normal when the weather improves and daylight extends , make the very most of it I say :tail:

MaccieD and nicky like this.
  4. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

and just the effects of beginning to grow up .....