lots of tears today

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by lynnelogan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

i have had an obsession with collars/leads/harnesses, from getting jasper, (still not found the one i am happy with )..last night was sorting his cupboard out, i had 8 leads, 7 collars,2 harnesses surplus to my needs,i had a little idea to take them to the rescue centre, :(
    mark and i went today,heart breaking is an understatement , :(
    we resisted temptation as heart breaking as it was, ???
    next sunday mark is going back, i don't think i can :'(
    mark as offered to lend an hand with exercising the dogs,the least he could do is offer a couple of hours of his time, :)
    these poor babys , thankfully there was no black labs, most was small breed dogs, lots of staffs
    [​IMG]
    i loved this girl,

[​IMG]

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: lots of tears today

Oh Lynne.....I did the same years ago,took some clothes on for a fundraising sale and it broke my heart :'(. Mark is really kind donating his time that will make all the difference to some of them.Dont be too downhearted love,you can't save them all but the little things like taking in the collars all contribute to making their lives a bit better.......it's just heartbreaking isn't it xxx

3. lynnelogan

i never would have thought in a million years i would be walking into a rescue centre, was in floods of tears, :'(
    i don't think mark will be able to stick with it,if there is a dog there week in week out he will want to bring it home,we are to soft hearted,.....things are going round in my head, what can i do to HELP :'(

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

How kind of you to donate Jasper's unneeded gear.

They are heartbreaking places for sure :( A couple of times I took my old Lab there and we'd take an RSPCA dog for a walk. My dog would not go anywhere near the cages though. He was normally super obedient but he would plant his feet in the ground and not budge if we made any move towards the cages.

5. lynnelogan

we didn't take jasper with us,all though it might of done him good, to see how good he as it, :)
    heart breaking, we have no intention at the present time to taking another dog, just want to do our best for the poor loves, :)

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

:( Awww that's so hard. How lovely of Mark to be willing to go back. But so difficult. Don't think I could do it either.

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Well done Lynne and Mark for your gifts and the very precious gift of time to the rescue centre they will be very grateful.

Thankfully I didn't have to pick Charlie up from the centre he was at a fosterers. I am still plucking up the courage to contact The Dogs Trust to volunteer, worried it will be too upsetting and who knows what I would come home with :'(

8. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Its heartbreaking Lynne, even for the strongest of souls .

Ironically, we are setting off soon for the shelter at Newquay where Millie came from , have a car load of blankets and towels we have collected from kind people in our village . Taking Sam and Millie with us for a run on the beach afterwards which will also dry the tears :'(

9. lynnelogan

every little helps, :)......first time i have ever been ,it broke my heart