Lulu 7 month update

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Oatley, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Oatley

Oatley Registered Users

Hope you’re all well.

Lulu is continuing to come along really well. She is growing at a good rate and I do feel she will be on the smaller side once she’s fully grown. She is now 21.5kilos (48lbs) and is healthy and happy.

She is still wonderful around the house and is great outside on and off lead. We need to reinforce her recall as she still bolts for other dogs at times although for the most part she is always checking in. We try to be as vigilant as we can with this, if we see another dog on lead, we quickly pop her lead on which we will do until her recall is 100%.

We continue to keep up with training through the course of the day. We find a good walk, sniff, play and mental stimulation in the morning results in her being content through the course of the day at home. She gets plenty of attention from everyone.

We will be introducing a second dog into the mix in mid January. We have a close friend that is due her first litter (Boxers) and most likely adding a male to the mix. I have done quite a bit of due diligence on this and with Lulu’s temperament along with me being at home until at least April, it gives me the chance to put the same amount of time I had with Lulu into a second dog.

Any tips anyone or constructive thoughts anyone has, please do share :)

Aravind and sarah@forumHQ like this.