Lulu five month update

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Oatley, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Oatley

Oatley Registered Users

Hope you’re all well along with your wonderful companions.

Lulu is continuing to come along.

She is a delight around the house and we have de-crated her a lot earlier than we had envisioned. We still have the crate and the door is left open through the night. She has no access to the upstairs yet which we intend to give her next month if she continues along as she is. She has access to al the rooms downstairs now.

She is walking to heel when required and her recall is the same as it was previously. By and large it is great, the only time it goes missing is if she spots other dogs in the park. We have to be quite careful as we have come across a few reactive dogs and try to be as diligent as we can off leash.

She is still jumpy at times with strangers who give her a fuss, although a lot better compared to last month. I’m not overly worried about this and I feel this should come as she matures.

The training is still consistent, 3 times a day plus whenever we are out with her. We still put as much time into her as we did when she was 8 weeks old. I do feel it is paying off.

We tend to take her along when we are invited over to friends, most of them are happy to have her over, she is well behaved for the most part. She is great in the car.

She interacts with two dogs on regular occasions around the same age and two older dogs.

She continues to be great with both the kids. Whilst we eat, she now settles down for the most part to let us eat in peace.

She is also great on her own, we’ve left her on her own a few times between 1-2 hours with no issues. I always reward her on return and have a 5 min play of tug.

Overall we couldn’t be happier and we do feel she is the missing piece of the family.

Wishing you all a wonderful week.

Joy likes this.
  2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

It's lovely to hear updates, and heartening for those that are still struggling with the 'bitey' phase :)

Oatley likes this.