Male Labrador dominance mounting

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by npcarpenter, Jan 30, 2020.

1. npcarpenter

npcarpenter Registered Users

My 10 month old male Lab, Tuli, has recently started to try to mount the neighbor dog (4 year old neutered male GSD mix). He grabs the GSD by the neck, tries to jump on him, and sometimes knocks him down. The GSD is very tolerant (too much so!) and lets Tuli keep on trying. I don't like this behavior at all and would like to stop it. The GSD runs loose (we're very rural) and comes over to visit frequently. This mounting behavior started in earnest about 2 weeks ago. I don't want to neuter Tuli till he's at least 2 years old, but I don't know how to discourage this behavior. Advice??

2. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Hi
    I don’t know a lot on the subject other than neutering doesn’t stop mounting. Some dogs just seem to do it more than others. Bitches as well as dogs. In fact I don’t think Toby did it before he was neutered but there are a couple of dogs(male) he always does it to and it is often because that dog is on the back of another! We just move them apart and they get on with chasing each other. Toby is now 2 and the other dog 4.