Male puppy has one swollen cracked nipple and one inverted nipple?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Randa Jacks, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Randa Jacks

Randa Jacks Registered Users

I have a 9-month-old black lab named Drake. When I got him, I noticed that his top two nipples on his chest were unusual. One of them is inverted and I usually have to clean it out every week or so. But the other one is slightly enlarged and completely crusted over. It's like a big dry, cracked scab.
    When I took him to the vet after I first got him, I asked about his nipples along with his very dry flaky skin. He told me to just keep the inverted nipple cleaned out every so often. And he said the skin was a fungal infection and gave him some medicine to get rid of. The medicine did great for his skin and cleared the fungal infection completely. However, his nipple is still enlarged and cracked/crusty. The vet didn't pay much attention to his nipples and never really told me anything specific about the swollen one.
    It doesn't seem to bother him unless I try to touch it. He doesn't really like when I even rub his chest around it. But otherwise, he never messes with it, and it definitely doesn't slow him down any haha. I have tried pushing on it a little to see if any discharge will come out, but nothing ever does. I haven't really put a lot of pressure on it because it is so dry and cracked, I don't want to risk ripping part of it off or hurting him or anything.
    Has any ever seen this before? Is there anything I can do for it? Or is it nothing to worry about since our vet didn't seem concerned?