Meet my boy - Hachi

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sudhanshu, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Sudhanshu

Sudhanshu Registered Users

Meet Hachi - my boy - who came into our lives today. He is a bit nervous and scared I guess - in a new environment. He is also very sleepy and lethargic and that is also because of his first shots that were given to him just before he came home. He slept most of the time on the journey back. Another thing I noticed - that from time to time - he shivered a bit while sleeping - it can be shots or nightmares. But shivering has reduced a bit which probably means he is getting better. As soon as I lie down on the floor - he comes to me and sleeps over my arm or comes in contact and sleep. I guess he is looking for some love and comfort. He ate happily - so that is good. It is night now and I could not crate him because he seemed very nervous - I thought of giving him a day before all this starts. I am sleeping on the floor next to his bed. He gets up from time to time for few seconds, tries to come closer to me and doses off again. He is a bit lethargic perhaps because of the shots - he is not playing with the toys as well. He is 7 weeks and 4 days old. We love him...and I love it when he comes to me looking for comfort. Hope he is much more active tomorrow and I can go to my methods of raising him. He has not whined at all - from the last 5 hours he is with us.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pilatelover, QuinnM15, MF and 8 others like this.
  2. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

Oh my Hatchi is absoloutley beautiful. You sound like your doing everything you can to make him comfortable and happy, where are you from? Is this your first Lab puppy?

My Rolo looked so much like Hatchi when he was small. Enjoy every moment, welcome to the forum. It will be a source of help, and kindness if you find things get tough
    Take care

Sudhanshu likes this.
  3. Sudhanshu

This is my first puppy ever :) We are in Texas, US. One update - he got up - peed and pooped and I saw a completely different Hachi. He started playing - very very active - a bundle of energy. I was relieved that he was no longer shivering and being so confident. He got tired in 20 mins. Seeing his confidence - I placed his bed to the crate but did not force him into it. After a while...once he got tired, he went inside the crate himself. I locked it after 5 mins and he is sleeping now on the blanket (that has his mother's scent. his crate will be next to my bed for few days. I am so relieved - because he was very nervous before

drjs@5, Jyssica and samandmole like this.
  4. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Congratulations and welcome to Hatchi! He's a beautiful little guy, thank you for sharing the photos. And sounds like you may have a real cuddler on your hands. :)

Sudhanshu likes this.
  5. Sudhanshu

Thank you :)

6. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hachi looks beautiful! Welcome to the forum.

Sudhanshu likes this.
  7. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Oh he is beautiful. I would put up his crate and cover it with a blanket, keep the door open. Then he will have a den where he can go and feel safe. I would put his bed in and some cuddle teddies, so he can cuddle up to them like his littermates. Have you read The Happy Puppy Book by Pippa? If not I would try and get a copy, it will really help you with Hachi.

Stacia and Sudhanshu like this.
  8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you and Hachi from Mags, Tatze and Mollie :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab three years old. Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab and she's fourteen weeks old.

Sounds like you are doing all the right things, he's lovely!

Once they realise you are feeding them and meeting all their needs they very quickly settle in. Cath's idea about having the crate set up and popping him in during the day when he's tired to get used to it is a good one :)

Sudhanshu likes this.
  9. Sudhanshu

Hi Cath - he is now in his crate and sleeping. I have covered it with a blanket. And he also has a blanket of his mom's scent. He is also much more confident now...no shivering. He even played with his toys. Not a single whining till now. His crate is next to my bed

Granca and Cath like this.
  10. Sudhanshu

Thanks and yes he is in his crate now. It was just a matter of making him feel more confident and as soon as I found out that he is becoming more confident, I put his bed in his crate. He happily went inside and slept - now that it is night here

Jyssica likes this.
  11. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

What a lovely little boy.

Sudhanshu likes this.
  12. Sudhanshu

Hi again...no whining still - almost 4 in the morning. He is sleeping peacefully. I don't know why I am still awake for no reason. I took him out an hour and a half back thinking he might pee but he didn't. One question, from the time we picked him from breeder, I noticed he is smelling dirty. Not too bad - but yes - it is enough to make me feel he needs a bath. Is it okay if I bathe him in the morning?

13. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

I would wait a few days before bathing him as he is still in a new and scary environment altough he sounds to be settling well it may be a little out lf jos comfort zone, maybe give him a wipe down with a towel
    Im glad hes not crying for you anf seems to be settled

14. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

welcome Hachi :heart:

15. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

What a beautiful boy! Welcome little Hachi, looking forward to hearing all your adventures!

Sudhanshu likes this.
  16. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome gorgeous Hachi from me, Hattie 9 years and rescue boy Charlie 6 years. :) x

Sudhanshu likes this.
  17. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Cutie-pie Hachi :*

Sudhanshu likes this.
  18. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Are you sure it isn't that lovely puppy smell which we all love :D

Sudhanshu and MF like this.
  19. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Luna smells far stronger than Willow did at this age. I don't have the best sense of smell, but I can smell her. To me, she smells like someone smoking weed! :D

20. Sudhanshu

He poops outside. Till now he hasn't had a potty accident but has peed 3 times inside home. I don't know how to stop that. I am trying to do a better job taking him outside at the right time. Also, he loves his crate so much that he just doesn't want to come out of it. He takes his toys and goes back to his den. He comes out - does his business and he wants to go back in it - may be because the blanket has his mom's scent. I closed the crate just now - he whined a bit and tried to open himself. I don't know whether to open it for him. Since I didn't open it, he dosed off just outside the crate. One thing I should tell you - Hachi loves sleeping