Might not be able to compete

Discussion in 'Agility & Flyball' started by Naya, May 10, 2017.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I fell down the stairs at home last week and landed on my left side. It's been hurting on and off so went to the GP today - I have a kidney infection and he thinks I have also fractured a rib. It's all swollen and sore.
    Harley and I were supposed to be competing in a fun competition this Sunday coming, but really not sure if I will be able to :(. We have worked so hard over the past few months. I'm hoping that by Sunday I might be able to move better and if that's the case we will compete, but not sure at this stage.
    There are 4 categories - pre beginner, beginner, novice, expert. We were put in the novice group and were really looking forward to it.
    Just feeling a bit crap as had class on Friday, a private lesson booked for Saturday then competition on Sunday. It has been planned for ages and was a me and Harley weekend.

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh no, so sorry you have had an accident Naya, that's rough :( If you have a kidney infection and a fractured rib it's probably not a good idea to be running around, you should be resting. There will be other competitions, your health is much more important. Please get better soon. Hugs from us :hug: xx

Naya likes this.
  3. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

So sorry to read your post, very bad luck and rotten timing for you.

Look after yourself and get well asap.

Naya likes this.
  4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That is such a bummer :(

Broken ribs are not fun either. I busted a few about a year ago so you definitely have my sympathies. If you've done a rib they should be giving you the good painkillers.

Wait and see - you may be feeling ok enough by Sunday....

Naya likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Sending you healing vibes and hoping you are fit enough. But if not (and I've had to pull out of competitions at short notice before, so I know how upsetting it is), there will be other times. Your health is of paramount importance.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Naya likes this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Hope you feel better soon. Sorry a broken rib is horrible just please be careful whatever you decide to do.

7. 20180815

20180815 Guest

Ugh so sorry this happened, must be really disappointing :( Did the GP give you any time frames on when you can be up and about?

8. Joy

Joy Registered Users

So sorry - that is very painful. Hope your recovery goes well. I know you must feel disappointed about the competition too, but all the training will stand you in good stead for the next one. x

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Thank you all for your kind words. I will have to wait and see how I am on the day, but will let them know I may need to pull out.

The GP suggested I don't work or do too much for at least a week or two. I am still working, but only in the office or from home. He said it could be a month or so before it heals properly, but the kidney infection will hopefully be less than 7 days.

10. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

So sorry to read this Ternaya , sending get well hugs to you , and fingers crossed it might just work out xx

11. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

With luck the antibiotics will have cured the kidney infection by then. Your ribs will be sore (painful!) but grit your teeth and have a go, won't do any harm. I broke my ribs, climbing a five bar gate which broke when I was on the top of it, but as I didn't want anyone to know I was in such agony, I kept on with the walk for another 2 miles or so!

12. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Well, today is the day and I'm going yo give it a try. My kidney infection is much better and ribs don't feel quite as sore.
    We've been getting Harley to work away from me so am hoping she does today. Even if we don't win anything it's a good opportunity to practice and be around lots of other dogs.

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hope you have fun together!! :)

14. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Good luck!

:happyfeet:

15. 20180815

20180815 Guest

That's great news, good luck!

16. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aw Ternaya, just catching up with this one.
    Sorry you have had a bad week.
    Make sure you take your painkillers and take it really easy.
    Let us know how you got on - Hope things go well for you both xx

17. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Just seen this! Poor you, and YAY for giving it a go! Look after yourself and above all have fun. Pongo is sending happy vibes to his best girl and her mum...

18. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Good luck:)

19. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Go girl :D

20. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Good luck!!