Moderators and their role

Discussion in 'Information and Announcements' started by editor, Jul 14, 2014.

1. editor

editor Administrator

Someone asked me if we have a list of moderators, and it seems we don't. So here we all are :)

[size=12pt]Current moderators are:[/size]

Pippa (editor)
    Heidrun
    Kate (kateincornwall)
    David
    Barbara (bbrown)
    Karen
    Jac (drjs@5)
    Rachael (oberon)
    JulieT
    Julie (lochan)
    Lisa
    Angela (dexter)
    Jen

I placed this post on the main website today explaining that I am not able to answer all the questions people post in the comments section on the main website, and recommending that people consider asking questions on the forum instead.

Someone raised a good point in asking how we could be sure that people were getting appropriate advice in the forum.

The answer I think is probably that no forum can completely ensure that people get appropriate advice, but that we go to some lengths here to make sure the information given out is as good as it can be.

We have a fairly comprehensive set of guidelines for our moderators, which we review and update regularly. We also have protocols in place to ensure that we all know what to do when something 'inappropriate' pops us, as it inevitably does from time to time. :) This helps to keep this forum a friendly, supportive place and relatively free from misinformation, poor advice, etc.

At the end of the day, a lot of what people post here is opinion, rather than fact, but hopefully we avoid extremes and most of the advice given is very sound. Together with the many links to articles on the main site, I think this is a pretty useful resource for most Labrador owners. I hope you do too :)

Don't forget, you can help us to keep the forum a great and informative place to be by using the report button if you are worried about a post for any reason (bad advice, personal attack, or any other inappropriate behaviour) You can also PM any of us from the list above if you have any concerns, and we will do our best to help

2. Rosamund

Rosamund Registered Users

Re: Today's post, moderators, and our role

Hi.
    Thanks very much-that's very helpful. :)
    The forum is of course great. :D I direct new labrador and other dog owner friends towards it all the time. 8) Thanks for all your (plural) hard work.