Morning Routine

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Aug 18, 2012.

1. David

David Registered Users

Down for breakfast and say hello to the dog still fast asleep under the kitchen table. Is she dead? No just playing doggo as one, rather bloodshot I thought, eye opens and looks at me from under a curled up paw. I have my usual cereal and tea (two cups) and a read of the paper waiting for R to get ready after she has had her breakfast. She comes for the first part of the walk. “Just coming” she calls down the stairs. My signal to get up and going.

Into the back room; boots on; whistle on; pick up collar; pick up lead; stuff dummy in side pocket. At this point not a sign of life from Lady. Put hand on treats bag ….

As if by magic I have an eager girl up against my leg, ears up, eyes wide, tail up. Not dead then! Pop unearned treat into her mouth followed by the usual game of “Bet you can’t get the collar on without it also being in my mouth”! Then out of the door and off we go!

:)

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Morning Routine

I love Lady :)

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

That paints a lovely picture David , funny isnt it, they can be fast asleep, dead to the world, but then hear the opening of the biscuit tin no matter how quietly you try to do it :)

4. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Love it ;D am rather envious of your peaceful morning routine though...