Murderous pup

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by FayRose, Jan 20, 2017.

1. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Molly, now 9 months can I suppose be classed as a teenager. She's certainly showing a few girl racer tendencies !

Latest trick is to deposit her kong directly behind me wherever I'm standing with the inevitable result that I've almost gone a over t on several occasions :rolleyes:

The sad part is that because Molls is so interactive I find myself yelling 'Will you tidy up your toys' as if she's a child not a dog :eek: Her reaction to that is to wag herself almost into a speed wobble, grinning all the while. Pesky pup.
    If anyone was to witness this, I'd be looked at very suspiciously, must get a grip :$

Dawn_Treader, drjs@5, Granca and 5 others like this.
  2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Haha!

Oh yes, those toys and Kongs are a real hazard!

:rolleyes:

FayRose likes this.
  3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I think they do it so when we fall over they can lick us loads :cwl:

(I am joking by the way, I know they don't do it on purpose)

Sven, Dawn_Treader and FayRose like this.
  4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

When I stand on one of Dexter's chew toys,it kills me! X

FayRose likes this.
  5. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I have a large fruit bowl at home, you won't find an apple...or even a banana...however it is really handy for collecting up all those kongs lying around :)

Jes72, FayRose, Beckyt6 and 1 other person like this.
  6. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Ah, now that's a good idea :)

7. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

Fay, I have learned to look behind me before I take a step! Cooper is a big fellow now but he still lies down behind me in the kitchen when I am preparing food or washing dishes or getting something out of the refrigerator....he is always somewhere dangerous....not on purpose...he just wants to be where you are. I know about Kongs, tennis balls, Nylabones, anything that can be carried and dropped!!! I never walk into a room without putting the light on!!! Found a tennis ball in my bedroom this morning....in just a place that you would step on it and fall!!
    Wish I could train mine to pick up his toys and put them in his box like some of the Forum members have!!!

FayRose and edzbird like this.
  8. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Oh and me too, how relaxing that would be ;)

9. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Our dogs, especially Cooper will leave Nylabones on the stairs some times. Really have to pay attention going down the stairs to the family room.

When Cooper is chewing on Tilly she (Cooper) also barks, and she tends to do this when we are watching TV so it is very annoying. We tell her "Cooper go get a toy" She will get one of her rope or fabric toys and get Tilly to play Tug of War, which is quieter and also Tilly is not getting chewed on. (This is a very friendly play fight, and no one is ever actually bitten. Often they are both lying down on the floor, and they will stop and then start up again.)

When we are in the kitchen in the morning, Tilly will stand by the door to the upper deck and bark, demanding that we open it, but not so she can go out so much as she wants Cooper to go out.

FayRose likes this.
  10. Dawn_Treader

Dawn_Treader Registered Users

Things left out in the open are ok. A raw chicken heart found under the couch pillow is another. One of my friends found a ravioli under his bed pillow.

edzbird likes this.
  11. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Ha ha, I don't there's any chance of Coco hiding a raw chicken heart or a ravioli anywhere! They disappear down his throat in the blink of an eye!

Dawn_Treader likes this.
  12. Jes72

Jes72 Registered Users

Its shoes in our house, there's never a matching pare in any room at any given time! Along with the balls and kongs.

Dawn_Treader likes this.
  13. Tatti

Tatti Registered Users

Oh gosh, the things they do! Tatti likes to throw her Kong around so all the bits fall out. Needless to say we end up with bits of slobber or chicken all over the floor - not nice if you happen to be bare foot at the time.
    Another habit she has is to wait until we have guests and then come into the room and either burp in their faces (if they are silly enough to be drawn in by the big 'love me I'm a lab' eyes) or fart and then leave the room. It's quite an embarrassing situation, particularly if she is gone by the time you and your guests notice her gift!

On the reaction front: I have to say I don't do it often but I too sometimes (I am only human after all) also find myself shouting a stern 'no!' Or 'stop it!' and tatti has the same reaction. She looks like the just won the doggie lottery her tail literally wags her body. being told off gets her so excited.

i know this is the case and am fine with that because we have decided to train with positive reinforcement only (bad behaviour is ignored or attentionis removed and good behaviour is rewarded) but what I have found is that when aunts and parents come over (who have a much more old school way of dog training) she just goes loopy. They will - finger wagging in her face - bark at her to do something and she will be beside herself with excitement, thinking it's some kind of game. It's quite interesting to watch. They all think we have a poorly trained dog but I know it's just user error. Saying that- when we proofed her training with other people- she we have proofed it with other training styles too :-/ hmm....

Dawn_Treader and edzbird like this.