My 10 Year Old Chocolate Lab

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Paul D, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Paul D

Paul D Registered Users

I have a 10 year old Chocolate Lab. She was fine Last Friday, barking, playing.
    Saturday, she woke up, had a very hard time walking on her front paws, she has no energy, very lethargic, has a blank stare and very hard breathing. I dont know what to do. Cannot afford a vet, any suggestions? All happened suddenly overnight

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: My 10 Year Old Chocolate Lab

Paul can you get her to a PDSA Vet ? I don't really think that we can diagnose her problems, or even that we should do as it could be any number of problems , but a PDSA Vet would be free for you . So sorry that your dog is poorly please try and get proper professional help for her .

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Paul, your dog sounds in urgent need of veterinary attention. She really needs you to get her to a vet as soon as possible, and I hope very much that she will be ok.

It is possible that a vet may agree to look at her and defer payment. Or let you pay in instalments. The PDSA would be ideal but I think you are in the States and I don't think they operate there.

Is there an equivalent charity to the PDSA in the states, does anyone know?

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Just found this Animal Care Fund - I don't know anything about them, but might be worth looking into .

5. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Sorry to meet you in such difficult circumstances. Hope you find help for your girl soon. Best Wishes.