My Girl is dying

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by laurenxo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. laurenxo

laurenxo Registered Users

we have been through hell and back these last few weeks with one of my chocolate labradors molly she is 8 years old and has been off side from her food we tried her on different foods and it was ok until this past week the vet thought she had a throat infection OR throat cancer but we have been back today and the other vet said her throat is fine it is now her stomach which seems to be a mass, we have to go back next thursday for a scan. I cannot stop crying im hoping the mass is not cancerous but im preparing myself for the worst, im just looking for somewhere to vent tbh and im concerned if the worse was to happen if my other lab who is 3 will fret for her

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi and sorry you have come to the forum at such a worrying time for you with Molly, I am sorry. You haven't had the scan yet so try to stay calm but I can imagine how difficult this is for you waiting so please vent away all you like we are all here to listen. Helen xx

3. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

So sorry to hear this - terribly worrying and scary. Feel free to vent all you like here, you will find nothing but sympathetic ears. You don't know the diagnosis yet, so let's all hope for the best.

4. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Sending you much love at this difficult time xx

5. Debs

Debs Registered Users

Such a worrying time for you, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hopefully you will have some positive news from the scan. x

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Oh dear, what a long time you have to wait, I am sorry, it must be so difficult for you. Maybe she has eaten something and the vets can remove it. Try not to look on the black side yet. However, I do understand what a state you must be in, is there no way they could do the scan earlier?

7. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

I can imagine how worried you are! Really hope it's not as bad as you fear. (((Hugs)))

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

9. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I can't imagine how you feel. I can only hope that its not as serious as it appears.

10. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

So sorry to hear this, is there anyway you could get an earlier scan? I do hope it's not as serious as you are thinking. Big (((hug))) to you and Molly.

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I'm so very sorry to hear this. It must be a very stressful and very worrying time. I do very much hope things turn out ok for Molly.

12. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I went through some scary things with Oban so do have some suggestions. Can someone drive you to the Vet? You might not be thinking straight, no need to have an accident.

What kind of scan? Ultrasound? Endoscopy? Gastroscopy? (sp?) If there is no needle aspiration involved your girl might not need to be sedated for the ultrasound, ask about that.

Try not to worry about your other pup. Your girl will be missed just while she's away at the Vet's, try not to worry past that.

Keep in mind, when Molly comes home she will smell like the Vet's, probably be groggy and not moving right. Don't be upset if your other dog is a bit strange about that, Molly won't seem like Molly. I've known this aspect to be pretty pronounced in cats, they have attacked the seeming newcomer. It's not usually as bad with dogs. Dogs usually seem to show empathy.

Good thoughts for Molly that this is all an easily remedied thing.

13. Karen

Karen Registered Users

So sorry, such a worry for you, hoping things are better than you fear.

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

How awful, please feel free to vent here; we all understand how scary it is when you think there may be something wrong with your dog. Please do keep us updated.

15. laurenxo

So she's constantly being sick and can't hold water back this is looking bad and probably the end I havnt slept in 2 days and I'm constantly crying I can't go to work next week just hoping my boss understands

16. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I am so sorry, my thoughts are with. You are doing everything you possibly can, that is very obvious. It is such a difficult time, and lots of us know how you feel. x

17. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

If she is constantly being sick and cannot hold water back, then I really feel you need to see the vet immediately. It is also not fair on the dog to be feeling so ill. It could possibly be an obstruction and attention now could solve her sickness. In 'the old days' we would have opened up the dog for an exploratory laparotomy and not waited for a scan. I feel so much for you, so upsetting. Do you know why the vet wants to wait? Have you thought of asking for a second opinion and taking her somewhere else?

18. laurenxo

We are taking her tomorrow or latest Monday she is on all sorts of medications and it could be the anti biotics kicking in this is too hard I cannot cope. Ty for all ur support guys xx X

19. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Is there no way you can get an emergency appointment for today as she sounds very poorly and needs to be seen? Why don't you give your vet a ring and explain how sick she is and unable to keep water down.

I thought all vets had an emergency appointments on Saturday's.

20. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I am so sorry for you and your lovely girl. Try and get in touch with the vet. Tell him how unwell she is.
    Fingers crossed.