My Labrador's Excessive Barking – Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by steveeesmith, Sep 11, 2024.

1. steveeesmith

steveeesmith Registered Users

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice on my Labrador’s barking. Recently, my 3-year-old Lab,, Max has started barking a lot more than usual. It seems like he is barking at everything – passing cars, the mailman; and even when he's playing with his toys.

I have tried a few things already, like redirecting his attention and providing more exercise;, but nothing seems to be working long--term. I am wondering if there are any specific training techniques or tools you have found effective for managing excessive barking. Also, could there be an underlying issue I am missing: ??

Max is otherwise healthy and happy, but this new behavior is a bit overwhelming. I want to make sure he’s not stressed or anxious about something. If anyone has dealt with similar issues or has any insights, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks so much for your help...!

With Regards
    Steve Smith

2. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Hi Steve, has your pup had a vet check since this started? And can you talk us though what his typical day looks like - that will help us spot any tweaks to his routine that might help :)

Thanks, Sammie