My pup isn't getting along with my other dog any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by Rocothepup, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Rocothepup

Rocothepup Registered Users

I need help for my two dogs to get along since they are going to be living with each other..

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi :) Can you give us some more information? Are they living together now or not yet? What kinds of behaviours are you seeing? How old are they and how long have you had each dog?

3. Rocothepup

Hi Rach

Hi,

I have a new puppy who is nine weeks old and is a chocolate lab. I also have a 2-year-old labradoodle who is very territorial around the puppy. The two-year-old has anxiety and always needs a ball in his mouth or something to keep him busy. When I am paying attention to the puppy, the two-year-old usually comes over with his ball and wants to play. Sometimes the puppy takes his ball and my two-year-old growls and snaps at him. The puppy then goes upsidedown showing him that he "surrenders." But when they are in my backyard they are the complete opposite. They love to play and run around.

4. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

If there is no actual biting, (blood or yelps, not just bitey face) it sounds pretty normal. Most, but not all, pups are submissive to older dogs. How does your Labradoodle get along around other dogs.

5. Rocothepup

He usually barks and gets kind of nervous but once he has met them from up close he is fine.

6. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

It all sounds pretty normal interaction. Puppy neefs to spend time with you without the older dog around and vice versa. Older dog should also have areas where he can be puppy free and the puppy needs a quite place that is 'his' alone.

7. Rocothepup

ok thank you