Neighbourhood problems...

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Me and my dog, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Me and my dog

Me and my dog Registered Users

To share my frustrations and hurt...

I walk my 11mth old dog passed a neighbour with about three dogs ..now she hasn't commented but other two have. One was quite rude. Now the thing is apparently my dog is the problem as when she walks passed the dogs are set off barking...I'm pretty much on the other side of the road. I do admitted that I do let Pearl stiff sometimes and do a bit of training so have stopped....she does pull as she's excited by the dogs but she at this stage hasn't barked at them.

Is this silly to you guys?

2. Me and my dog

I'm feeling quite hurt...as it's not nice...you feel judged...

3. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

Silly doesn't begin to describe this situation. Ignore them please; they obviously have shallow minds/lives.

Me and my dog likes this.
  4. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

If you do is walking passed on a public path and her/their dogs bark that's their problem not yours. Maybe if he dogs were better supervised they wouldn't bark. Sounds like someone's moaned about her dogs barking and she's trying blame someone else. You are just walking passed with your dog being quiet so it up to her to put her own house in order before she has a go at you in the street. Yes it's unfair and wrong. Think up yours lady but just ignore them just carry on walking with your well trained dog. I would also walk down the road without pearl and see if they still bark, bet they do. Other people dogs aren't your problem.

5. Me and my dog

Thanks. It wasn't the the one with all the dogs but another with one dog, which barks sometimes.

Thanks again, it really upsets me...makes you feel like the whole neighborhood is upset with you....

6. SwampDonkey

I really don't care if I've done nothing it's their problem. I wouldn't worry about the rest of the neighbourhood I doubt the're upset with you they've got their own problems and stuff to deal with.

7. SwampDonkey

Sorry I'm a bit stroppy but you probably noticed;) have a good day with your nice dog. Xx

8. Me and my dog

Thanks SwampDonkey and Maxx's mum...Pheww...I need you guys ....

9. Sven

Sven Registered Users

We walk past a few houses where dogs will go absolutly nuts and bark like crazy. Vanilla just stands walks past now. In the beginning she would stop and look and sniff. Now this is not my problem that their dogs bark and don't like us walking past. You are not doing anything wrong, plus it is a good training opportunity for you.

We once had a dog run out onto the grass verge (council strip) and have a complete go at Vanilla. We where walking past and she stopped to sniff. I let rip at the owner and told her to control her dogs. Answer back was I needed to control my dog as we where on her property :confused:
    So just because I could I walked past same place later but this time filming on GoPro and same thing happened. Reported her and now the gate at end of her drive way is closed.

So carry on and ignore

10. SwampDonkey

We weren't separated a birth were Mr V ? :)

Sven and selina27 like this.
  11. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

How awful for you @Me and my dog and what rude people. You are not responsible for other peoples dog's behaviour. If they bark when you walk past with Pearl it is their problem, not yours. So what if you allow Pearl to stop and sniff and do a little training - that's good for you and Pearl and really good if she isn't barking back (not pulling will come with training :) ).
    I would be tempted to have the contact details of a good R+ trainer on a piece of paper in my pocket and if they say anything again suggest that they make a call to get help for their barking problem :)

Me and my dog and SwampDonkey like this.
  12. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Just playing devil's advocate here...:)

It is very stressful when you have a barking dog, let alone three of them. I would cut her some slack, smile sweetly, and try to keep out of their way, either by crossing the road or moving at a distance (find somewhere to park your dog..) so they can walk past you quietly. Some people (like dogs..) just don't have the resilience to be calm when their dogs are reacting.

selina27 likes this.
  13. Me and my dog

Beanwood, they're behind a fence and I walk on the road or other side of the road...

14. Me and my dog

I just remembered I do sometimes walk pass the person with one dog on there side.

15. Cath

Cath Registered Users

I would take no notice of them. Just walk on by and be grateful that your dog is well behaved through your good training.

16. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Maybe :) OH hates it at times.

17. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I often think that I must drive people mad when I walk past with Xena - so many dogs just barkbarkbark, and Xena, bless her, always decides that those houses have the best grass to sniff :facepalm: I don't like to antagonise people, but I'm not crossing the road because of your barking dog, either.

18. SwampDonkey

Mine says he hates it but secretly he loves it it's like living with a tiger apparently. Grr

Sven likes this.
  19. SwampDonkey

Isn't sniffing a kind if appeasement thing look I mean no harm in having a sniff?

20. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Judged for having a well behaved dog.

Ignore them, walk on by :)

SwampDonkey likes this.