Neros aggression towards the wife

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Deano82, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Nero is almost 4 months old and over the last week he seems to be showing what appears to be aggression towards the wife.
    He will jump onto her when she is sitting on the sofa and will bark at her for no reason and will lunge and bite her. I am not sure if he is playing or actually being aggressive.

He is never like this with me. Any one know of any reasons why he is doing this?

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Neros aggression towards the wife

He is trying to get your wife to play with him. Unfortunately the invitation doesn't translate too well across the species barrier :)

Does your wife do any training with your puppy? Might be good if she and the puppy could enjoy a bit of training together which would occupy your puppy's mind and give him a more socially acceptable way of communicating and interacting with your wife :) Do you think she might be interested in that?

3. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Im glad that its just that and not aggression. This would make sense as I do all of the training, walks etc. Yes im sure she can get more involved. She has been very busy with work lately so hasnt had a lot of time with him

I trained Nero to take treats gently yesterday as he used to snatch them from my hand...it didnt take him long to get the hang of it :)

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I agree with Rachel, Harley used to do that to my husband, but he now makes sure he spends time with her every day even if it is just 10 minutes. This has stopped her barking at him :)

5. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

This definately sounds like Nero is trying to get your wife to play with him. It is extremely rare to see any form of aggression in a 4 month old puppy.

I would definately recommend that your wife try and take a little time each day to do some training or play with Nero, even if it's just 10-15 minutes. As others have said this should help teach Nero how to interact with her and will strengthen the bond between them.