Neros weight

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Deano82, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

At 12weeks our Nero was just over 10kg and now at just over 4 months old he is 18kg!

Does this weight sound ok? He doesnt look overweight at all

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Neros weight

Sounds fine to me , they do tend to load the weight on as young pups and then it starts to slow down at around nine months of age . As long as he is happy, healthy and looks right, dont worry :)

3. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Thanks..i was amazed at how much weight he has put on in so little time....he does LOVE his food though!!

As soon as he hears the dishwasher door opening...he is there like a shot licking the plates and cutlery! Gutsy boy!

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I have two dishwasher assistants too ;)

5. Indy

Indy Registered Users

Don't they just love the dishwasher, Indie was inside it the other day. :eek:
    Indie was 10.2kg at 12 weeks we will see how much she puts on in another month?
    They are all different.

6. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Otis also loves the dishwasher. They are definately all different, and I have learnt, that its how they look, not weight, as Otis at ten months is 19kg, but is tall and very leggy ! he isnt underweight though, just slim.

7. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

We seem to get a lot of posts asking if the weight of people's puppies is ok.

I second what Kate said - as long as your pup looks healthy and not under or overweight it does matter too much what he weighs, it's just a number.

Penny was 6kg at 10 weeks and is now 18.8kg at one year old and fully grown. She's not underweight by any stretch of the imagination, it fact she's start to look a little tubby! I think if we lose the 0.8kg she'll be her ideal weight again.