1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

New and need help!

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by LoveMyLabLab, Nov 26, 2018.

1. LoveMyLabLab

LoveMyLabLab Registered Users

Hi everyone! I'm Helen, and I'm new to this whole forum thing, but let's give it a go!

I recently got my beautiful labrador Mac, and I can't wait to take him on lots of wonderful walks, but I need something a little bit warmer than my denim jacket - does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if there's anything I can get Mac to wear too to keep him extra warm, that would be a bonus!

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hello and welcome..I guess it depends where you live and what temps you will be walking in to decide what to wear. I live in the North of England, it’s cold wet and often snowy at this time of year. Meg does not need anything and I wear either a shell if it’s wet or a down jacket if it’s cold. Labs are pretty tough and don’t need any additional cover unless it’s extreme temperatures.

3. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi Helen and welcome from me and my lab pup Isla.

I brought a regatta walking coat
    from an outdoor shop for myself, it was a little expensive but really well worth it! I used it every day throughout the winter months, in the wind, rain and snow and it lasted 13 years, keeping me warm and dry.

My lab was fine until her latter years when she developed arthritis, then I purchased her a dog coat for when it was wet or icy.

Hope you have many happy walks with your lab