New collar

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Loopyloo30, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

Hi everyone!

Bob a Dog has nearly grown out of his puppy collar. I'm after something much wider with a matching lead. Has anyone got any good recommendations please? I've popped into Pets At Home a few times but can't see anything at all that I like. Just wondered if there are any good websites that I could look through.

Thanks in advance :)

Lou x

2. 46heritageway

46heritageway Registered Users

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: New collar

I think there may be the same quality for cheaper, although I look out for 2 for 1 offers which happen time to time in which case the price is very reasonable, but my everyday collars are from Orvis - I hate tags, and buckles, so have the details embroidered on and Orvis will do this on either the fabric or the nylon clip.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/dog-collars-and-leads

When I get round to it, I'll buy him a collar for "best" and I like this one. It's on my Christmas list this year...so I might get lucky. :)

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/shotshell-collar-and-lead/9481

4. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

5. 46heritageway

46heritageway Registered Users

This is the one we actually have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUNTER-NY...rg=20140407115239&rk=1&rkt=30&sd=151254103132

I now want the matching lead, but we currently have a halti double ended one which is great as its 6ft (almost 2m) when at full length and can be made into 3 different lengths :) and is also handy for hands free lead walking, as you can strap it around you like a belt and your dog is still secure on a lead :) x

6. Loopyloo30

Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions those Ancol nylon collars look really nice. Quick question about sizing... Bob's current collar is out as far as it goes and it's 11" long. Does that mean that we go for the 18" collar? Only it doesn't say how long the collar is on the first hole in the description below...? I'm worried it'll be too big?!

5 SIZES - 45cm/18in - 50cm/20in - 55cm/22in - 60cm/24in - 65cm/26in

THE LENGTH IS TO THE LAST HOLE ON THE COLLAR

Lou x

7. Loopyloo30

Don't worry folks, I went for the Hunter in the end, I preferred the light blue colour and buckle. Sizing worked out OK! Will post up a pic when it arrives :)

Thanks for your help and recommendations.

Lou x

8. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

I use a light brown coller, I think it looks great on a black lab.