New Here

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Mrs. B, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Mrs. B

Mrs. B Registered Users

Hi,

I have a 9 month old Chocolate that is currently sick with colitis and under her Vet's care. Today she is not drinking much water. She's taking some in but not her usual amount and thankfully she is still going pee. We've went from tap water to refrigerator cold water to ice chips and to warm tap water. The thing she drank the most of was the warm tap water. Is this weird? She's my first Lab although my son has had 2 that I took care of a lot.

Mrs. B

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Mrs B., welcome to the forum!

I also prefer to drink warm water, and I am reliably informed by everyone who knows me that it is very weird! I think it feels gentler on my stomach drinking something which is already body temperature?! Anyway, maybe your girl feels the same and we are kindred spirits :)

The only thing I'd suggest is that warm tap water can occasionally harbor bacteria, and whilst dogs usually have cast iron constitutions, if she has colitis it might be wise to warm water from the cold tap up in the microwave, or mix boiling water from the kettle with some cool water from the tap.

And I hope she feels much better soon!

Digs Mom likes this.
  3. Digs Mom

Digs Mom Registered Users

Welcome!

Feel better soon!
    Our Digger is sick too, but slowly on the mend.