New Home Wanted!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@N03/9268054249/

Dexter informs me he's putting himself up for adoption!he he he!he doesn't like his new walking outfit!

Blimey these halti's work....from my perspective we've just had the best lead walk ever.....not certain Dexter would agree.....

Got it on great,Chris is out so I was on my own...I've been doing Pippa's Heelwork Training and going 'cold turkey' as she suggests on the pulling so there was nothing else for it .He can only be driven to the walk we do in the desert and that can only be an early morning walk.So with lots of treats( the salmon fillet that was earmarked for my dinner ;D....sacrifice for the greater good,no problem,beans on toast will do!)I got it fitted and on....he pawed at it a bit which the instructions said might happen,but he just got loads of praise and treats and he'd come to terms 10 minutes later.Persisting with the Heelwork though ,want to get it satisfactory and starting right back at the beginning is bringing great results.....today has been a great day!

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: New Home Wanted!

Oh you poor thing Dexter, nasty cruel Mum ;) ;)
    Actually, against my better judgement , I got one called a Gentle Leader for Sam , he hated it with a passion, but I only had to use it for less than a month . I didnt use it as a substitute for training but like you, I used it alongside the heelwork and boy, did it work like magic :)

3. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

oh no.......i got one of them for jasper, walked lovely.....boy did he hate it :) only used it handful of times, ........i just love the harness i have now, :)......best thing i have ever bought,.....the heel work is coming along well :)

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Yes Kate,it's called a Gentle Leader....I've been so silly as I have wasted so much time using his harness as a substitute for training him to heel properly.Ive got such a lot to learn but ill get there ;D

Ps the man in the pet shop was rolling his eyes at me because i wanted a blue one to match his collar and lead........he cares how he looks!! ;)

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Taking " keeping up appearances " to a whole new level then Angela :) :)
    Says she who, having ordered a smart new lead for Millie, decided it would clash with her collar so ordered the matching collar ::) ::)

6. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=1979.msg16439#msg16439 date=1373648193]
    Ps the man in the pet shop was rolling his eyes at me because i wanted a blue one to match his collar and lead........he cares how he looks!! ;)
    [/quote]
    Haha, that was actually my first thought - "Oh, she didn't get a blue one".

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I found the Halti worked really well with previous dog. Glad it's working out for you!! And I think Dexter looks great!! ;D