Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Mark J Bushnell, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Mark J Bushnell

Mark J Bushnell Registered Users

Hi All

I just put down a deposit on an 8 week old male chocolate Lab. I don't have him yet, but will pick him up probably next weekend.

My 96 year old mom & I went to see the litter this morning along with both parent dogs. I haven't had a dog (or any other pet) since my Scottish Terrier passed away over 40 years ago, so I'm starting from scratch.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mark

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :)

Congratulations on your puppy, what an exciting time!

The Puppies area on our Labrador Site has lots of resources to refresh your memory and bring you up to speed on modern puppy training methods. And of course, you can ask questions of our members here. I think the most important thing to remember about having a puppy is... it doesn't last! So enjoy the cuddles, and push on through the tough bits :)

3. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum - exciting times ahead for you! I recommend getting a copy of our founder Pippa's 'Happy Puppy Handbook' if you haven't already - it's got lots of detailed advice on getting set up for your pups arrival and how to care for them in the early days :)