New Raw Feeders

Discussion in 'Raw Feeding' started by Christina2807, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Christina2807

Christina2807 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So after loads of research we have order 5kgs of NI puppy raw food to start our puppy on this. She is 5 1/2 months old and started to have a reaction to her kibble.
    We had been thinking about feeding raw for some time now and decided this is the best time to change.

Rather nervous on if she will like it and how she will react to it. She does eat everything we have ever given her so hope this continues.

Anyone else feeding this to their puppies? Any hints or tips are greatly appreciated.

2. Debs

Debs Registered Users

She will love it! No need to ween off the kibble, just swap over. My pup has been on raw since 10 weeks old.

Christina2807 likes this.
  3. Christina2807

We didn't wean and just went for it and never looked back! She loves it and is so much happier now.

4. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Registered Users

Been feeding raw for over nearly 4 years. You don't need to transition. There may be a poo adjustment at first but should right itself quickly. If not, she may have an intolerance to one of your ingredients. Ours was chicken even though turkey is ok. Go figure. Just make sure you get the right combo, incl ofal, and mix it up once in a while with fish (tilapia is excellent), rabbit, duck, etc. Bone is very important for calcium and clean white teeth. We use pork necks which where I'm at is cheap. 10 days of bones for $6.

5. Christina2807

Thanks AlphaDog, we are using Natural Instinct Puppy and she is now thriving off of it. Not looked back!

Huey2019 likes this.
  6. Huey2019

Huey2019 Registered Users

Hi Christina I was just wondering if you are still happy with NI and your pup is doing well on it? I’ve been looking into feeding raw. My lab is 5 1/2 months and on Butternut Box at the moment after we have had a rough time with giardia and upset stomach trying to switch to better quality kibble than he can home on. NI is really well rated and seems v good value would be great to hear if you are still happy with it?

Christina2807 likes this.
  7. Christina2807

Hi Huey, yes we are still using it and currently transitioning her onto the adult food now she is 8 months and still thriving off of it.

The vet and everyone comments on how shiny and healthy her coat looks and very healthy.

I would not look to change anything about the food and she still loves it. The NI customer service is fantastic too and any questions the people on live chat and knowledgeable and super helpful.

Huey2019 likes this.
  8. J.D

J.D Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I switched to Nutriment 3 months ago and I am really pleased with the results.
    It is a bit of a minefield out there but I have found the Facebook group
    Raw Feeding UK to be very helpful. If you feed complete meals you still need to check the ingredients as some have a larger bone content than the 10% recommended and some no offal (also 10%) You also need to feed at least 4 different proteins.
    Give it a go!

Huey2019 likes this.
  9. Huey2019

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the tips will have a look at the group I know I want Huey to be raw fed just need to take the plunge! As you say it is a minefield and quite overwhelming!

10. Huey2019

Great thank you :)