Newbie to forum

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Simba2017, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Simba2017

Simba2017 Simba and Minstrel worn out

Hi,
    My name is Lisa and 2 weeks ago we brought a new puppy home. He is a yellow Labrador called Simba and is now 10 weeks old. We already have 2 other dogs, Poppy a 12 year old cairn terrier and Minstrel a 5 year old chocolate Labrador.

Introductions went well and Simba has adopted Minstrel as his new mum. Poppy is more cautious and less interested in play. Simba has settled very well and was more or less toilet trained at the outset - we still have a few accidents when he is either tired or too excited/focused on what he is doing to remember to go outside. We have had no problem with sleep or soiling in his crate at night - But he does rise at 6.30am even at weekends.

Simba has now discovered the bitey face game and loves to play tug of war with minstrel. We are keeping an eye on the bitey face thing to ensure it doesn't get out of hand.

Was a bit concerned as having a third dog was my idea but so far so good

2. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like Simba is starting to settle in to his new situation. Was Poppy a playful dog before this or has he/she always been disinterested in play?

It would be nice to see some pictures of your pack when you have a moment (we love puppy pix on this forum).

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you from Mags, Tatze and Mollie from Manchester UK :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab and she's four years old. Tatze means 'paw' in German.

Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab who is eight months old.

4. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and 3 year old girl, Harley. Sounds like he's settled in well. Might be worth teaching an 'enough' or 'stop' cue for times they get a bit too playful.

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum from my two Fred (3) Annie (1) and me. Have you any photos of your dogs for us?

6. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi and welcome from another three-dog household. Willow, black Lab girl. Shadow, yellow Lab boy. Luna, chocolate monster.

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me, Wispa (5) and Tuppence (3). Our first dog (as a family) was a cairn terrier and we have also been a three dog family in the past. Now it's just two labs and I'm resisting a third!

We already had two dogs when Wispa was a puppy and they all bonded very well. Wispa quickly learned the boundaries and it was lovely to see them playing together. You'll have lots of fun with your three!

8. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Hi Lisa, a warm welcome to the pack from me Kate, and our pack of three labs, Benson, Casper and Bramble :)

9. Simba2017

10. Simba2017

Thanks for all the welcomes. Poppy has the odd moment when she will join in with Minstrel in a game of tug. Minstrel adores Poppy and when Simba is being annoying or poppy growls she will place herself between the 2. Poppy also growls at Minstrel when she is being too lively and invading her space.

This was part of my rationale for getting Simba was to reduce the play demands on Poppy.

Poppy had had a nasty cough for sometime which the vet thinks is either something to do with her heart or a tumour - I would go with the heart as she has quite laboured breathing. Although we have pet insurance we are reluctant to go ahead with any interventions and believe quality over quantity. Saying that other than being a bit grumpy at times she enjoys life, she loves her walks and food. She likes having a fuss and a cuddle with us. She loves our garden as it is on two levels with a rockery and grown up shrubs in between and she loves foraging in the undergrowth.

I would love to post some pics but can't quite work out how to do it. I am a bit of a technophobe and my pic's are on my iPhone 6. I have attached pic's to texts and emails before but this has got me stumped. An idiots guide would be most welcome as I went on the technology part of the site and still couldn't suss out how to do it !!!!

11. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Have a look here in the technical section for help on uploading photos:

https://thelabradorforum.com/forums/technical-help.18/

Basically, you have two options:

1. Use a web or app based photo hosting site and paste the code into the body of your message
    2. Subscribe to the forum supporter membership, which allows you access to the direct upload facility.

https://thelabradorforum.com/threads/forum-supporters-how-to-upload-a-picture.13589/

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing photos of Simba soon :)

12. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome Lisa and Simba from me Helen, Hattie 9 years and our rescue boy Charlie 6 years :) x

13. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome to you from me and Lilly in Scotland.
    Funny to have a second Lisa and Simba on the forum! :D

14. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hello to you & your tribe from me & Coco on the Isle of Man.