Nighttime Barking

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by CherryBiscuit, Jul 24, 2017.

1. CherryBiscuit

CherryBiscuit Registered Users

So my delightful nine-month old lab has gotten in to the habit of barking at anything and everything - but only at night. We literally don't hear a peep out of her during the day, but come dusk suddenly she's barking non-stop. Some of the time I can identify the trigger (a neighbor's dog barking, people walking passed, or my personal favorite, catching a glimpse of her own reflection), but other times she will suddenly bolt up in the middle of the night and start barking, hackles up. She doesn't need a wee before you ask. I'm guessing she's hearing street noises I can't, but as she sleeps with me, it's getting a bit much! Has anyone experienced this and/or found a good way to keep a dog calm at night? Or is she just being a dog?

Harley Quinn likes this.
  2. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn Registered Users

Oh gosh @CherryBiscuit Harley can not understand her reflection! It causes all sorts of scares and stares. I know that pups go through a big fear stage around about this age? Maybe someone more experienced can weigh in but maybe that is it? Harley is not a barker so we haven't had to tackle that issue. Good luck.