Not a fussy boy

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Jul 9, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Reading Caroles thread about enthusiastic Lab greetings made me feel quite sad :( How I would love for Sam to greet us like this , but it just doesnt happen . In all my years of dog ownership , I have never come accross one quite so indifferent . He is obedient on walks and shows great enthusiasm for his dummy , just adores retrieving, I try to give him a session most days, just me and him without Flynn . The walks we go on are stimulating too so its not boredom , but he rarely bothers to greet us and is somehow too serious for his 12 months of age . He has always been like this so its not the arrival of Flynn thats affected him , he has always been studious and serious even as a young pup . I know we cant alter their characters and some would say I should be glad for his quiet demeanor, but oh how I would love him to bound up to us and wag his tail ::)

2. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Re: Not a fussy boy

He sounds very sweet and solemn. I think you are lucky really but I can see that the lack of greetings is quite sad for you.

Maybe he is just supremely confident of his place in the world - and of his place in your heart :eek:)

3. kateincornwall

It must sound like I dont love him , but I do , I adore the big daft lump :) I even took him for a full MOT at the Vets because he was so blinkin serious , wondered if there was an underlying medical reason for it , he passed all the health checks with flying colours .
    As an example of what he is like , we had friends round for lunch yesterday , both dogs were in the garden dozing when the friends arrived . Little Flynn heard them and flew indoors with his usual enthusiastic greeting , Sam lifted his head , he had heard them alright, but then just went back to sleep and didnt come in to say hello for another half hour or so and even then, it was a slow lumbering entrance . I guess its just the way he is , old head on young shoulders .

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

I think he sounds just lovely. A very relaxing companion. :D

5. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

wanna swap for a bit so we both appreciate what we got?? ;D ;D ;D

6. kateincornwall

[quote author=caroleb link=topic=602.msg2795#msg2795 date=1341998715]
    wanna swap for a bit so we both appreciate what we got?? ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]

Now there a plan :) :)

7. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Kate it is so clear from your posts that you love Sam to bits - don't ever worry about that!