Observing Puppy Training :)

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by charlie, Aug 31, 2017.

1. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I went to Newbury yesterday for an appointment, during my visit I took time out just to sit on a bench in the pedestrianised high street to watch the world go by, I love doing that. Along came a gorgeous yellow Labrador puppy about 5/6 months old. Her owner was training LAT especially with pigeons :) This puppy was so focused on her owner it was beautiful to watch, she walked on a very slack lead and looked for direction and never lunged or pulled towards anything. They really took their time, it was busy with shoppers, children and lots of dogs including puppies. This little pup never put a paw wrong and I really enjoyed watching them.

What struck me was there was another Labrador puppy about the same age on the opposite side of the street with it's family, everyone stopped to pet the pup whilst it jumped up, wriggled around but nobody approached the lady clicker training her pup. The difference in these two pups was poles apart.

I really admired the lady for getting in the zone, ignoring everyone around her and she will no doubt end up with the calm well behaved dog :) xx

Jojo83, Sven, Joy and 2 others like this.
  2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Sounds brilliant! I wonder if she's a member :D

charlie likes this.
  3. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oooo yes maybe :) x

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

OK, lady clicker-training the well-behaved yellow lab puppy, step forward please!!!! :)

(If you were the family with the bouncy wriggly pup, you can own up if you like... :D)

Sven, Joy, selina27 and 3 others like this.
  5. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

oh heck I know which one I would have been :( we live and learn :)

6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

I would be the one with the bouncy tigger type creature.. even at 17 months o_O

selina27 likes this.
  7. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

I still love my gotta get out there aren't I beautiful girl :)

8. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Sounds to me that she already has a calm well behaved dog. That is one lady who has really worked on getting and keeping attention in busy areas with many distractions. I would also hazard a guess that she has managed her pups meets and greets with people and hasn't allowed all and sundry to fuss her pup or the pup to jump on people

charlie likes this.