October Forum Challenge

Discussion in 'Forum Challenges' started by Beanwood, Oct 2, 2017.

1. selina27

selina27 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oh, bless her, they do try don't they? :)

2. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

It's so cute, I can't even be frustrated! I'm just happy she is staying in a down :happy:

selina27 likes this.
  3. selina27

Ok so this afternoon we had put both paws on it, bat it sideways with left paw and then put right paw on it, a lot of looking at me with a WTF? expression (and I quote@beanwood ) and then finally 5 consequective right paw touches when placed between paws ! I reckon that's progress.

4. Atemas

Atemas Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Started today - definitely got this look :rolleyes:. Then Red started to ‘bat’ the object with her left paw, once with her right. She got quite frustrated. This is going to take some doing :confused:.

SwampDonkey and selina27 like this.
  5. BevE

BevE Supporting Member Forum Supporter

This is hard! Bailey is hitting the target with only his left paw but only if the target is on his left side. If I move it to his right side he slides his body round so the target is again on his left! His default position when he’s had enough remains rolling onto his back with his paws over his eyes.:confused:

selina27 likes this.
  6. selina27

@BevE, it's great just how hard they really try, even when they clearly think we are bonkers. :)

Just had quite a good go with Cass, placed the object on the inside of her left paw, close to, and consistently 8 times in row used right paw, bless her. Less of the wtf look, but a couple of times she grasped the thing so hard as if she wasn't going to let go!

BevE likes this.
  7. Beanwood

Beanwood Moderator Forum Supporter

haha! Casper just LOVES this game, bangs the darned target right paw, left paw and right again for good measure.. then looks at me tail wagging furiously! :D:D

selina27 and snowbunny like this.
  8. snowbunny

snowbunny Administrator Forum Supporter

*sigh* Kate, Kate, Kate.

How many times?

If there's no video, it never happened.

:$

9. Beanwood

hehe! Will get one for you! Just for laughs...:D

10. BevE

BevE Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Bailey already thought I was bonkers! This is just confirming his opinion. :rolleyes:
    Today he’s slapping the target with his left paw then pulling it into his chest. I’m sure he thinks this is idiotic and can see no earthly reason to continue-except he quite likes the treats that keep coming!

Atemas and selina27 like this.
  11. selina27

Yeah, ha ha !

Beanwood and BevE like this.
  12. selina27

Update - Cass is now happily touching the object with her right paw when it is placed in front of the left, almost crossing.

I will try to get someone to video at the weekend.

Beanwood likes this.
  13. Beanwood

Brilliant @selina27 turning into a race to get to the first p̶o̶s̶t̶ cross!:D

selina27 likes this.
  14. Inky lab

Inky lab Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Inky loves this but he's very clumsy, I can't imagine he'll ever delicately put one paw over the other like in the kilo pup video and then do the other one!
    We're a bit stuck as he hits the target most times with his right paw even when it's by his left paw but in his enthusiasm moves left as well. How are others stopping this and getting them to actually put their paw over the left one.

15. selina27

I know, she's very cool isn't she? Lacks the Labrador enthusiasm for life I'd say !

Whereabouts are you placing the object? Between paws or outside the left?

16. Inky lab

I started with it between his paws and moved it towards the left paw, then lifted it slightly over left paw. He bangs with his right paw but moves towards the left, can't seem to get it over his left paw. Perhaps it's just more practise.

17. Atemas

Red is now crossing her right paw over her left to get to the ‘object’ - a glass coaster but she has got very ‘enthusiastic’ :rolleyes::oops:. In her rush to do it, she is swiping at the coaster before I can even get it on the floor and catching my hand with her paw in the process - ouch!!

Beanwood likes this.
  18. Beanwood

Wow! You are doing so well. We are probably at the same stage with Benson, he is able to cross...in a clumsy sort of fashion, it is not reliable and it's better when he is in a sit.

19. Atemas

Yes this is very clumsy - she has to get her nose to it as well half the time. There is nothing elegant or dignified about this one o_O. My hand is still smarting from where she caught me earlier :confused:.

20. Inky lab

I've started using my left foot as a target as it hurts less than my hand when Inky swipes it! He does love this game, easy treats me thinks!

Beanwood likes this.