Oops

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Bruer, May 14, 2014.

1. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

When Nevis was a pup he was so excitable when we were putting his food down, a couple of times he even knocked the bowl out our hands. So we taught him to sit while i put it down and not touch it till we said go get it. Today i got up had my shower, let him out, put his food down. I then blow dried my hair got up to make a cuppa to see him sitting looking up to me to say go get :-[ I felt awful it must have been about 5 minutes. He has always been fab at the sit and stay but i think that was above and beyond ::)

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Oops

Fabulous wait - no need to feel guilty, it just shows a very well trained pooch.

:)

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Wow. Impressive! He must have been sitting in a puddle of saliva by that stage ;D

There is no way my dog would wait that long, LOL.

4. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

He picked up the sit and stay really quickly but the chewing his bed problem is taking a bit longer ::)

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Fab wait :) I've done this once, and yes, it made me feel guilty too :(

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Good thing you didn't go off to work without checking on him!!! :eek:

Made me think of the original 'The Incredible Journey' film, where the two dogs (Golden Retriever and the old half-blind bull terrier) together with the Siamese cat are making their way back to their owners. They are starving hungry, and find the cabin of a man who lives alone in the woods. He invites them in and makes them dinner at the table with him. Because he doesn't tell them to start, they sit staring at their dinner, until he eats it himself… :( :( :(

7. Jen

Jen Registered Users

That's amazing. Clever dog.

No way my two would ever do that. They can just about wait while I put the bowls down and give the cue but then it's stand back. ;D

8. gad

gad Guest

I guess you would call that one 'proofed' then :)