Our pup has been born! (Puppy pictures ;))

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by LucyinCornwall, Jun 13, 2015.

1. LucyinCornwall

LucyinCornwall Registered Users

I've written on this forum a few times before but haven't written many posts because I was waiting for my pup to be born, and the breeder contacted me today to tell me he had! :D

We have been on a waiting list for 6 months and in that time I've read The Happy Puppy Handbook over and over, ordered Total Recall, bought almost everything we need for his arrival, read through many posts on here getting very excited, researched vet insurance, dog food.... you name it we've done it!

Nothing will prepare us for when we bring him home but we are trying very hard to be as ready as possible!!!!

We will be meeting our pup for the first time when he's 5 weeks so not too long to wait, and obviously will bring him home from 8 weeks, but these photos are making us go crazy with excitement :D

I'm very thankful for this forum, I have learnt so much already and know I am in safe hands being a brand new dog/puppy owner! It feels like a real family of support here and it's lovely to be a part of it!

Okay so I have some puppy pictures which I know everyone (including me) goes crazy for so let's hope I'll get it right first time..... ;)

[​IMG]IMG_5886 by Lucy Lumm, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_5889 by Lucy Lumm, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_5890 by Lucy Lumm, on Flickr

2. Christoph W

Christoph W Registered Users

Cuteness overload!!!!! Oh my god you must be so excited!!!

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Oh, they are just amazing! Wriggly worms! :D

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

So beautiful and Mum is a lovely looking girl too , exciting times :)

5. LucyinCornwall

Thank you!!!!

There aren't words for how excited we are!!!!!! :D

They reminded me of wriggly worms too!!!

Mum is so so beautiful, and Dad is too from the other pictures!
    We spent a long time looking for the right breeder. Kennel club registered and made sure we know the good heath scores and family tree as much as possible.... just so lovely seeing photos of them looking wonderful. :eek:

6. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

It really does pay dividends to do all the ground work , waiting for the right breeder . This is a lovely time , I`m sure we are all looking forward to the day you visit and then bring your puppy home .

7. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

SQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Puppy love.....

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

So cute

9. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Beautiful pups and mum looks so proud. So exciting when you get the news that your pup has been born - I had to wait 8 months so can guess how you're feeling. 8 weeks will fly past and before you know it you will be bringing puppy home. Have you decided on a name for him?

10. LucyinCornwall

Thank you :D We wanted to make sure we did everything as right as we could, read up so much... we are the type of people who research and look into things a lot lol!

Aww MaccieD it feels like forever doesn't it? I have wanted a dog all my life but my parents couldn't have one as they didn't feel it was right with them working full-time, but they are dog-lovers. I always wanted the andrex puppy or Marley ;) I can't believe it's coming true.
    We have a list of names but I think the winning ones will be Charlie or Archie..... going to see if any suit him at 5 weeks old haha!

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh my goodness, how gorgeous!!

12. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Lovely. Just lovely.

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Know what you mean about wanting a pup although I was brought up with a dog in the family, Juno is only my second dog after getting married, children and all that. For our previous dog I was working so we had a rota as to who was going home at lunchtime to exercise Flynn - the are being shared between myself, my son and the breeder's mother who,lived locally. Overall it wasn't a regime that suited Flynn or me so we decided our next dog would have to wait until I wasn't working which has worked so much better :D.

Charlie and Archie are both lovely names but try calling them all out in high pitched excited voices and see how they feel :D. Honest you'll be calling your puppy like that quite a lot so make sure you feel comfortable with the name

14. LucyinCornwall

Aww!! I absolutely love the name Juno by the way!!
    That's lovely that you had the rota in place! That's lovely also that you waited until things were a bit easier for your next dog!!
    Thank you for the tip!!! That's a great idea! I will do that definitely!! :D

15. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Lovely! Exciting times ahead!

16. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Very exciting! I love the way the mum is nuzzling her pups.

17. LucyinCornwall

So exciting!!!!! :D - That face doesn't do it justice!!

I love that photo too Joy, It's so beautiful how mothering she is with them.

18. BeataK

BeataK Registered Users

Oh soooooo cute :) Well done for doing it in such a good, responsible way :)

Those pictures make me so "broody" - I'm on a waiting list for a yellow girl that's going to be born next spring; can't wait now... ;)

19. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

They're gorgeous and the mother is beautiful :)

20. LucyinCornwall

Aww thank you so much - I've just learnt so much from Pippa and this forum and I'm so thankful!

Eeeeeek exciting times for you then BeataK!!! I hope it flies by for you somehow hehehe! I look forward to seeing pics of her next Spring!!

Thank you Oberon. So beautiful, and I know you all have a good eye on this forum too :)