OverTrousers

Discussion in 'Using the bargains and best buys section' started by David, Oct 14, 2014.

1. David

David Registered Users

I've been looking around for a pair of tough over trousers for use during the winter that are going to keep me dry all day and that will resist brambles and the like. It's a nightmare out there on-line with prices ranging from £45 to £245. Anyway, quite by accident I found that Sporting Saint do a pair of lined waxed cotton over trousers for £19.94 so ordered a pair on the basis that I could get through several pairs for less than some of the more expensive ones. They are in olive green and arrived today. They seem just the job. Here's the link - http://www.sportingsaint.co.uk/product/786/category/207

2. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: OverTrousers

I have got those, too, plus some waterproof treggins. Last season I got through three pairs! :eek: ;D

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Thanks a lot for this link , look just the job for me too . Problem I always have is that being vertically challenged , most trousers are miles too long ::)

4. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Kate, Mole Valley do some treggins which are not too long! ;)

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I think I have treggins....they're like chaps but 3/4 length. They just cover the tops of my boots which means the bottoms don't get all muddy. They're very good but not bramble tested yet ;D

6. Jen

Jen Registered Users

I use Flexothane waterproof over trousers. Not sure how well they'd stand up to brambles but they are the best I've found for walking and are sold as work wear to farmers. Usually I get leakage down the inside seam of waterproofs but the Flexothane last a long time. I think they are between £15 and £20