PAH rice bones???

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Alexandrea Nwakwubei, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Alexandrea Nwakwubei

Alexandrea Nwakwubei Registered Users

my puppy Skye is 12 weeks old, we went to pets at home and she recommended the whimzee rice bones for 99p. So we got one, gave it to the puppie as she wants to chew everything at the moment only for me to look them up online and find they are suitable for 9 months plus!

Can someone please shed some light if they are safe for my 3 month old lab or not?

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

I gave my pups an occasional rice bone with no ill effects. They do contain a lot of dietary fibre, and some natural sugars. I am not sure if that will be a problem if just feeding the odd one.

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I give them to little pups, not much good for older ones as they only last seconds with them.

:)

4. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Belle used to enjoy the odd one, but they made Scooby sick - maybe he ate them too quickly? Coco hasn't tried one - yet.

5. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I gave them to Molly when she was very small and she was fine. They go soggy as they are chewed so no hard bits to get stuck. As Mags says, they’re useless for older pups with adult teeth, as they crunch them up in no time.

6. Shaz82

Shaz82 Registered Users

Maisy was about 4 months when she had one, she still had her puppy teeth, the pah cashier said they were ok for her age. She only has them occassionally but now her adult teeth are in at 7 months, they only last seconds.

7. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley had them when she was little and she still has the occasional one. Never had a problem with them.