Photos Cupar

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Cupcase, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Photos Cupar

I'm sorry :( I can't see anything and I don't use Dropbox to be able help you...keep,persevering though x

No,sorry,it's me I can see!very noble looking x

3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Yes, very noble, he suits his name well, a super dog.

4. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Oops Sorry that's not Cupar.
    I shall try again.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymf3caoy65dw8u2/WP_20140731_006 (1).jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/so3ss9jeit48udr/WP_20140731_009 (1).jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/735rt2z2lvka0qs/WP_20140801_007.jpg

The last one is a tired Cupar after his first day out today. Oh my goodness, I've got The Happy Puppy Handbook and I decided to take a lead but not put it on Cupar. I was sceptical, I have had so many rescues that ran in the opposite direction from me ,I've forgotten what it's like to have a dog stay close. So my confidence was shaky.

I went armed with whistle and pouch of sardines. How right Pippa Mattinson is , 12 weeks old and he stuck to me like glue. Phew. He came every single time to that whistle, even when he discovered the tasty delights of cow poo. I wasn't sure what was worse, my sardine smelly hands or the colour green from the cow stuff. Oh and of coarse it was fresh, as cow's had just went in to get milked.

I must ask at what age did everyone's pups start to get more confident and learn they could leave your side?

I really would like to teach Cupar to have a good recall.

5. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Sorry all, the first photo is of Cassie she was nine yesterday. It was supposed to be Cupar the 12 week old pup.

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Love the photos :) Cupar and Cassie are gorgeous :)
    Harley started venturing further from me at about 15/16 weeks old, but never ventures far. I played a game by calling her between me and my daughter. We would stand 20ft apart, call her and treat when she came. I found her recall was easy by doing this on a regular basis from the age of 12 weeks.

7. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

Naya thanks for that advice. i will get family member s to help with that. In fact I think my grandchildren will enjoy it as much as Cupar.
    Fortunately he's a typical Labrador, he lovvvves food.

8. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Well Cassie is super :) When out with my pup, I kept changing direction without saying a word, so he always has his eye on me in case I disappear, so stays close of his own accord.

9. Cupcase

Cupcase Registered Users

[quote author=Stacia link=topic=7181.msg98819#msg98819 date=1406925026]
    Well Cassie is super :) When out with my pup, I kept changing direction without saying a word, so he always has his eye on me in case I disappear, so stays close of his own accord.
    [/quote]

I do that with Cassie. I also hide, I'm the plonker with the tilly hat hiding behind a tree, from her dog.
    I would never have done that years ago, I would have felt such an idiot, but lets just say fifty is the new forty.
    With it comes a confidence I never thought possible.
    If you see someone running across a field , it's me I've ran away from my dog. Cassie has to be kept on her toes.

10. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

;D
    Keeps you fit.
    Lovely photos.