Pippa books - why am I having such an issue ordering from The Gundog Club

Discussion in 'The Gundog Club and The Gundog Trust' started by Simon Rush, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Simon Rush

Simon Rush Registered Users

Hi there,

Having got our first lab gundog, I was keep to get training started - properly.
    I know basics with puppies, but I wanted to get the right gundog training started as early a point as possible. i.e lay the right foundations, at the right time

On 26th Feb I therefore ordered "Book set one" which includes a puppy training guide 'The right start' and 'Passing Grade One' from the Gundog Club, and paid via Paypal

By 9th March I still had not received anything so I both emailed and phoned/left message.
    I got a voicemail reply to my phone call to say the books had been shipped pretty much after I ordered them, and could I check the shipping details were right.
    As payment is via Paypal which I have used many, many times and this includes my registered address, I can't have got this wrong.

I've since been singularly unsuccessful to get anything from the admin at the Gundog club. No response to either follow up phonecalls (which always goes to answer machine) or email. I've tried these two or three times each.

I don't want to raise a Paypal 'Dispute' to get this resolved, but I may have to if this isn't resolved. After all I have ordered a puppy training guide, and a pup only stays a pup for so long.

I am kinda both surprised and disappointed with the service thus far.

Has anyone else had this issue.

Cheers.

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Moderator Forum Supporter

@editor
    I ordered a book in the past and had no problems. Tagged Pippa in case she can help.

Simon Rush likes this.
  3. editor

editor Administrator

Hi Simon,

The Gundog Club computer died last week and the databases, and documents were transferred to a new computer - which took several days during which our administrator Jacky was without access to emails. So I am guessing there was a bit of a back log for her to work through.

I do apologise for that.

If Jacky says she has shipped your books then this is what she has done. I don't know what the normal delivery time is, but if you are in the UK I would have expected them to arrive by now. So it looks like there may be a problem with the courier.

I'll let Jacky know that the books have not arrived and ask her to give you a ring. If you would rather have a refund than wait for a second shipment, that's fine, just email Jacky and let her know. Or leave a message on her answerphone. She works part time, but checks her messages every day.

MaccieD and drjs@5 like this.
  4. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Have to say I had no problem with ordering and delivery of mine and that was to France.

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Have to say I had no problem with ordering and delivery of mine and that was to France.

6. Simon Rush

@editor Many thanks for the response Pippa.
    I totally believe that the books have been shipped - its just the lack of response from phone and email that was causing the frustration. Anyway - you have explained why that might be.

I do want the books, so I'll await the second batch of books if they are to be reshipped.
    I am happy enough to return the original set if they do finally turn up, but I would guess that they are by now lost in the ether.

I would suggest that the Gundog Club use some form of delivery tracking in the future - even if its just tracking signature on delivery - which is not that expensive.

Best Regards

Simon

7. editor

editor Administrator

Delivery tracking would add a significant amount to the cost of each book. We ship a lot of books and it is quite unusual for any to go astray. I've emailed Jacky and asked her to ship you a second set. I hope they arrive with you soon :)

Simon Rush likes this.
  8. Simon Rush

@editor
    Thanks Pippa - appreciate it. :)