Please help me

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Tron, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Tron

Tron Registered Users

I know it has only been a few days but my hands and forearms are now just filled with scratches and bite marks from this little crocodile. I feed him by hand, I bathe him, play with him, train him. I understand that puppies are supposed to bite and it's normal but this seems a little much because of the difference in bites on me versus the way he bites others. With me he goes all out no matter what I try (yelping, sternly saying no, ignoring him, giving him time out) he growls and curls his lip at me then goes all out at me. But when he bites others and they yelp or such, he licks and nibbles or even doesn't bite anymore.

Is it me? Because I'm crying while trying to keep my cool in front of my puppy. I just want to raise this one well because I've wanted one ever since I was 4, and have only been given the chance now.

Sometimes he doesn't even want to be pet or even held by me. I dunno what to do, I just starting to feel that it was a mistake.

Edp likes this.
  2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

3. Deboragh

Deboragh Registered Users

Our Hailey was an extreme biter as a.puppy. Our previous Lab was a bit nippy but I was totally unprepared for how hard and constant Hailey's biting was. My friends.all.wanted to meet her but I was afraid to let her near anyone outside of the family. I was at my wits end and nothing seemed to help. I took heart from Pippa's advice that this was normal puppy behaviour and would eventually end.
    Sure enough the biting stopped as Hailey grew and she is now is now a gentle dog with a great disposition. Hang in there!