Poo is improving

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by knees78, Oct 6, 2016.

1. knees78

knees78 Registered Users

Storm has had her second poo and it was firm wahoo!

When would you say she would be allowed out again. We were told to keep her in by the vet for fear of spreading something when unsure what it is?!

We haven't had the poo results yet and i don't expect until early next week. I will ask the vets for their opinion in the morning. It just wondered what others have done/would do.

Had to go to puppy classes without her tonight. :(

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

That's very good news. I can understand how frustrating it must be not to be able to take her out, but I would follow your vet's advice. It was a good idea to go to the puppy class yourself, even though you were pup-less, as it must have given you some good pointers watching the others and seeing which approaches worked best. You can practise it at home with Storm and with a bit of luck she might be cleared to go by next week.

3. knees78

knees78 Registered Users

Thanks @Joy I felt friendless haha!

We have not been out yet and I don't want to keep her in all weekend if it's not necessary! Desperate to make some friends. I'm cautious by nature and not much of a rule breaker but so keen to get out if I can.

4. Trufflepup

Trufflepup Registered Users

Yay for proper poo!

Fingers crossed you can both go to puppy class next week :)

5. knees78

knees78 Registered Users

We are allowed out and storm had her first run on the beach today. :)

The first part of poo sample diagnosis has come back as giardia so now have panacur liquid for a few days. Poos are now firm and easier to pick up yey!

6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Hooray! You must be so pleased to be out and about. And now you've got a proper diagnosis and treatment it should clear up. :)

7. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Giardia, yikes! It'd be interesting to know if her litter mates also caught it, because surely she picked it up at the breeder's?

Anyway, it's fab that you've finally got some proper poos to scoop. And yay for FREEDOM!