Poor old boy...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Karen, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

My 13-year old lab got lost in the woods yesterday - luckily only briefly. He is getting very short sighted and hard of hearing, and got slightly separated from us on a walk - then started following the wrong people! We didnt notice immediately, as he often trails along behind us slightly, and we were focusing on the puppy. As soon as we realized he wasnt with us, we started back the way we had come - and suddenly we heard the loudest barking which very clearly was saying 'HELP!!! WHERE ARE YOU??? I CANT FIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!' He (and we) were soooooo relieved to be reunited :)

A good reminder not to focus solely on the puppy!

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: Poor old boy...

Dear old chap, I bet that was a heart stopping moment for you. So pleased he wasn't far away, and what a clever boy to start barking. :D

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Oh Karen, what a heartstopping moment for you , poor old lad but as Pippa said , at least he had the sense to shout out to you , pleased that all ended well :)

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I have a German Shothaired Pointer who regularly gets lost, she goes off on scent and then points deep in a wood and then suddenly remembers she was with someone. I have resorted to putting a bell on her collar but she is very good as she always eventually barks "help, help, I am lost"!! So I can I can go and find her.

Stacia