Post Spaying Behavior

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by LeesaLou, Dec 16, 2017.

1. LeesaLou

LeesaLou Registered Users

Hello!
    Our 6 month old puppy got spayed 2 days ago. The night she came home she was very sleepy and whiney which is expected. She went back to being playful the next day. But she is more hyper than usual she is jumping on things more, doesn't seem to listen as well, isn't as quiet in her kennel. Does anyone know what's causing this? Or is it just a coincidence that she had a bad dad right after the surgery?

2. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Yes, this behaviour is to be expected. A spay is a big operation, involving a day being left at the vets, general anaesthetic and of course some degree of discomfort post-op. I am not personally familiar with looking after a dog who has undergone this procedure, but I am sure others will be along to advise.

3. Me and my dog

Me and my dog Registered Users

My nearly 8mth old was crazy on her first walk (3 day after spay)...we actually did go very far. She saw my cat...then pulling and jumping... I put it down to cabin fever...spending time in crate and not allowed to run about. But I'm not very experienced. My first dog and female pup at that too! :) Today's our fourth day after day of spay.

How's your puppy today?