Puppy and lawn mushrooms

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sigurd, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Sigurd

Sigurd Registered Users

When it comes to being in the garden, Susie appears to be a herbivore. She manages to do more damage to our hostas than the slugs do! We keep her clear of known toxic plants, but one that is making an appearance causes me some concern. Mushrooms. These are currently popping up all over our lawn like, well, mushrooms! These are small, fawn coloured 1-2cms mushrooms, which I am currently trying to identify. To be safe, we patrol the lawn regularly before letting Susie loose on it. But given that it is a moderate sized lawn and mushrooms do tend to appear quickly, it is difficult to be sure we keep on top of them.

Any advice?

2. Keithmac

Keithmac Registered Users

Ours has eaten a couple too, interested in any comments.

3. EmmaHughes

EmmaHughes Registered Users

Hi I would continue picking them up and I did with Mason now 1 and he isn’t interested.

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Registered Users

Disclaimer first - I have no knowledge of mushrooms and this is a comment based purely on some Googling and looking in a mushroom identification book. Do not take this as an expert opinion. I could be totally wrong!

As far as I can determine, the mushrooms in question are not classified as edible but neither are they flagged as poisonous. I still clear them when I see them but my research is a bit of a reassurance!

EmmaHughes likes this.