Puppy crying

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Amy Pearsall, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Amy Pearsall

Amy Pearsall Registered Users

Hi all

Thank you so much for the priceless information and I apologise for putting up a post that probably already been asked but I can't find my answer anywhere :(

We bought our new 8 week old puppy home and she has not stopped crying and whining, we've not even got to the bedtime yet and I'm concerned it's something we're not doing or missing.

We show her A LOT of attention, lots of toys and is going out lots for toilet breaks.

She's not looking at us when she's crying I fact she's playing with toys and eating!

What am I missing? Feels like I'm failing before we've begun :(

Any help is appreciated

Thanks you x

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Amy,

How's your puppy getting on now?

8 weeks old is still very early days, and it's normal to still be unsettled. It's not uncommon for new puppies to cry even whilst playing too, although I can't fully explain why they do it. I think at least part of it is a subconscious survival reflex - to make sure their new caregivers don't forget they're there! Then they grow out of it when their confidence in their new surroundings increases.

You're certainly not failing her, it sounds like you're doing everything right - keep going and have confidence :)

3. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Amy Pearsall likes this.
  4. Amy Pearsall

Amy Pearsall Registered Users

Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for replying :)

She does cry whilst playing! We thought initially there was something wrong, but that's getting less.

She still cries, especially at night:( we've tried what's recommended and we're coming to our wits end.

Think we're suffering with a touch of puppy blues at the moment, and struggling to see the light at the end of tunnel, but think we're just tired.

Thanks again Sarah