Puppy diarhea

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by chris, Jun 16, 2014.

1. chris

chris Registered Users

ok so i noticed this morning that when bruce had a pooh it was very runny at the end and i've just taken him out for a little walk now and he's had a major diarrhea attack

i was away at the weekend and i know my wife had run out of raw chicken wings so he was back on a purely hard food diet. I gave him a chicken wing for lunch but he was fine when i first put him on them. He's had a pigs earn and a new bone to chew

none of those things have caused him problems before though

do you think i should take him to the vets, he's currently on the floor trying to destroy a old remote control

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Puppy diarhea

I would monitor him for 24 hours if he appears to be drinking, eating and playing ok. I would maybe try him on chicken and rice for a few meals to settle his tummy. The pigs ears always gave Harley a funny tummy!

3. lablover

lablover Registered Users

I agree with Ternaya, monitor him for 24 hours and then try chicken and rice. It might be the change of food to hard food. He sounds ok though, hope you rescued your remote control. :)

4. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

It sounds like it could just have been the brief change in diet that has upset him. Try some bland food for a couple of days until his stomach settles down and see how he goes.