Puppy food Akela 80:20?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Ryakki, Apr 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ryakki

Ryakki Registered Users

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1041/akela-80:20

I'm thinking of switching pup on to this stuff and I was hoping someone might have some experience with this product or experience reading ingredients lists and could offer some assistance?
    It says 11% ash... that seems bad but it has a high rating.
    I have looked at some threads on this forum already and you guys seem super hyped on raw food, which I would love to feed him but rawmeat costs a lot already and with the environmental laws that have got to be coming in the next year or so I imagine the prices on meat are gonna go way up, especially in UK. So i'm gonna wait to see how that whole thing goes before I commit.

2. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hello, I don’t feed raw. I do believe it’s a fabulous diet but it’s just not practical for everyone. I have always fed my (5) dogs good quality dry food and they have all been fit healthy dogs. I have never heard of this food (am in UK) looks good but expensive. 10kg for £38 is high. It also does seem a high ash content, the dry we use has 5.5% . I don’t know enough about how important that is. I guess it’s a filler. It’s all down to personal choice really. There are so many options available, you will always gets loads of opinions.

3. Ryakki

Ryakki Registered Users

well you have 5 healthy labs right? err what do you buy? Can't i just copy you?

4. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hi, actually had 3 Newfoundland, a malamute and now a gorgeous lab. She has James Wellbeloved food. It’s a middle of the range, well thought of food. She is full of energy, has a coat that shines and one firm poo a day...it works for us :)

Ryakki likes this.
  5. Ryakki

Ryakki Registered Users

Thanks

6. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I feel raw complete - Nutriment - and it actually works out cheaper than the premium kibble I used to feed. I feed a lot less of it than is recommended on the chubb and I get a freezer full at a time and it lasts for ages. With 2 dogs, I spend about £100 every 3 months.