Puppy food and bones

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Tedar, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Tedar

Tedar Registered Users

Hi

I have a 5 month old lab and was wondering what you feed your pup and what kind of chew toys you give your pup. He loves to play fetch with his squeaky ball, does not care for his Kong and will chew on a rawhide bone every now and then.

Thanks for any advice.

2. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi we gave our pup yak milk chews as they were recommended by our vet,our girl loved them. Have you tried filling his Kong's and freezing them? We used chicken,banana,and her food (we wet it) mixed with natural, live yoghurt,she loved them and it kept her occupied for a bit!

3. Anthony Abrao

Anthony Abrao Registered Users

Captain has been fed Eukanuba large breed puppy for nearly the entire time he's been with us. He's nearly 8 months old now and we haven't had any problems. He did have some allergy issues, but that was figured out to be environmental.
    He has several toys. A fuzzy kind of cookie monster that has a squeaker in each 'hand' as well as one in the body and the head. He has a squeaky kong ball, a kong frisbee, a nylabone stick-like chew, a different nylabone-like toythat has several different textures, and finally he has me and my two boys. By far his favorite is me and the boys, then his frisbee, and ball. He has a kong, the one that looks like three balls stacked on top of each other, and we stuff it and freeze it with the wet version of the food he is fed. He only gets them when we expect he will be in his kennel for more than a couple hours.
    Really, what i have found is that we can significantly influence how much he enjoys a toy, and how rough he plays with it. When we pay rough with him and the toy, he mimics the behavior. If we keep the play calm and kind of leave it to just him, he will use it more gently and when he wants to mind his own business.